This tutorial was written by Lorna for PSP Connection, using PSPX2 and has been tested in PSP9, but can be done in any version.
- Selections - Place in your PSP Selections folder
- Preset - Double click on file to Import into Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Impact.
- PhotoSwizzle/Buttonmaker (This used to be a pay filter but is now free. If your version no longer works, download a new copy from here
- L & K/Paris
- Kang1/Shiva's Gate
- Transparency/Eliminate Black
- Greg's Factory Output Vol. II/Pool Shadow
- Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Impact/Perspective Shadow
- Richard Rosenman/Solid Border
- VM Toolbox/Blast-(I have this filter imported into Filters Unlimited as there are several filters by this name so they do not all show in PSP.)
This tutorial can be done in two ways depending on the type of tube you use. For a tube that is wide, use Option A. For a tube that is tall use Option B. Instructions for both are the same until after Step 24.
1. Set your Foreground on a dark or medium colour and your Background on a light colour. Change your Foreground to a Foreground/Background gradient. Linear, Angle 45, Rep. 2, Invert unchecked.
2. Open a new Transparent image 750 x 550 and Floodfill with the gradient.
3. Effects/Plugins/PhotoSwizzle/Buttonmaker with these settings (The colour setting doesn't need to be changed)
4. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance.
5. New Layer. Floodfill with the gradient and apply Effects/PlugIns/L&K/Paris with these settings.
6. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance. Reduce the opacity of this layer to around 40%.
7. New Raster Layer. Floodfill with your light colour. Effects/PlugIns/Kang1/Shiva's Gate with these settings.
8. Effects/PlugIns/Transparency/Eliminate Black. Reduce the opacity of this layer to around 20. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance More.
9. Change the gradient to Linear, Angle 0, Repeats 1, Invert checked. New Raster Layer. Selections/Load/Save Selections/Load Selection from Disk and find Lorna - Duo1. Load. Floodfill with the gradient. Select None.
10. Effects/Distortion Effects/Warp.
11. Effects/PlugIns/Greg's Factory Output Vol. II/Pool Shadow.
12. Layers/Duplicate. Image/Free Rotate, Right, 90 degrees, making sure that both bottom boxes are UNchecked.
13. Effects/Image Effects/Offset with these settings.
14. Apply Drop Shadow to both layers 6, 6, 40, 29.00 using your dark colour. Select the top layer and Layers/Merge/Merge Down. Change the Blendmode to Luminance. Note: Some colours such as green and yellow will need the Blendmode to be Luminance (Legacy) instead.
15. Change the gradient by unchecking Invert.
16. New Raster Layer. Load Selection Lorna Duo2 and floodfill with the gradient. Select None.
17. Effects/Distortion Effects/Warp with these settings.
18. Image/Mirror. Image/Flip.
19. Effects/Image Effects/Offset with these settings.
20. Effects/PlugIns/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Impact/Perspective Shadow and select preset Lorna Duo1.
21. Put Clone Tool on the following settings.
22. Open your tube and duplicate (Shift + D). Close the original. Place the Clone tool over the tube as shown in the screenshot and right click.
23. Go back to your main image. New Raster Layer. Place the Clone tool towards the top and left click several times. Move the tool down slightly and left click again 2 or 3 times. Keep moving the tool and clicking until you have the tube applied to your satisfaction. If required, change the Opacity setting of the Clone Tool to achieve a lighter or stronger effect.
24. Move the tube into position and apply a Drop Shadow of 6, 6, 42, 13.00, Colour black.
For Option A (Wide tubes), go directly to Step 25. For Option B (Tall tubes), follow these steps in red:
25. Layers/Merge/Merge Visible. Layers duplicate and continue on the top layer.
- B1. Open your tube again. Image/Mirror. Image/Resize by 50%.
- B2. Select the Clone tool, and use the same settings except change the Size to 150. Right Click on the main part of your tube.
- B3. Go back to your main image. New Raster Layer. Layers/Load/Save Selection/Load Selection from Disk. Find Lorna - Duo3 and Load.
- B4. Using the Clone tool, place the circle over the selection and left click a few times until you're satisfied with the result.
- B5. Selections/Select None.
26. Image/Resize by 85% All Layers unchecked.
27. Selections/Select All. Selections/Float. Selections/Defloat.
28. Effects/PlugIns/Richard Rosenman/Solid Border with both Horizontal and Vertical set on 2 Pixels. Click on Color and choose a dark colour from your image.
29. Selections/Select None. Effects/Image Effects/Offset -34, 19.
30. Apply a Drop Shadow of 6, 6, 70, 32.
31. Select the bottom layer. Adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur 30.
32. Effects/PlugIns/VM Toolbox/Blast with the setting on 255.
33. Effects/PlugIns/Richard Rosenman/Solid Border using the same settings as previous. Merge All/Flatten.
34. Add watermark and text as desired.