Any similarities to any other tutorials online are purely coincidental.
This tutorial was written by Lorna for PSP Connection, using PSPX2 and has been tested in PSP9, but can be done in any version.
- Selections - Place in your PSP Selections folder
- Preset - Double click on file to Import into Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Impact.
- PhotoSwizzle/Buttonmaker (This used to be a pay filter but is now free. If your version no longer works, download a new copy from here
- L & K/Paris
- Kang1/Shiva's Gate
- Transparency/Eliminate Black
- Greg's Factory Output Vol. II/Pool Shadow
- Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Impact/Perspective Shadow
- Richard Rosenman/Solid Border
- VM Toolbox/Blast-(I have this filter imported into Filters Unlimited as there are several filters by this name so they do not all show in PSP.)
This tutorial can be done in two ways depending on the type of tube you use. For a tube that is wide, use Option A. For a tube that is tall use Option B. Instructions for both are the same until after Step 24.
1. Set your Foreground on a dark or medium colour and your Background on a light colour. Change your Foreground to a Foreground/Background gradient. Linear, Angle 45, Rep. 2, Invert unchecked.
2. Open a new Transparent image 750 x 550 and Floodfill with the gradient.
3. Effects/Plugins/PhotoSwizzle/Buttonmaker with these settings (The colour setting doesn't need to be changed)
4. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance.
5. New Layer. Floodfill with the gradient and apply Effects/PlugIns/L&K/Paris with these settings.
6. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance. Reduce the opacity of this layer to around 40%.
7. New Raster Layer. Floodfill with your light colour. Effects/PlugIns/Kang1/Shiva's Gate with these settings.
8. Effects/PlugIns/Transparency/Eliminate Black. Reduce the opacity of this layer to around 20. Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance More.
9. Change the gradient to Linear, Angle 0, Repeats 1, Invert checked. New Raster Layer. Selections/Load/Save Selections/Load Selection from Disk and find Lorna - Duo1. Load. Floodfill with the gradient. Select None.
10. Effects/Distortion Effects/Warp.
11. Effects/PlugIns/Greg's Factory Output Vol. II/Pool Shadow.
12. Layers/Duplicate. Image/Free Rotate, Right, 90 degrees, making sure that both bottom boxes are UNchecked.